If you are planning on buying a new home, you want to know that it is going to be the safest, highest quality construction and that it is going to stand the test of time. Unlike other house builders who are increasingly using timber frames, a Citadel Home is still traditionally constructed with brick, stone and render.
The main weaknesses of timber-framed houses relate to how the house performs in certain circumstances including flooding and fire damage scenarios. As the principle structure is timber, they are susceptible to greater damage when exposed to water or fire, therefore it’s inevitable that when exposed to these conditions, the level of damage will be much greater.
What Are The Benefits Of Traditional Built Homes
- Termite resistant: there will be nothing for termites to consume if there is no timber.
- Fire resistant: non-combustible materials used in masonry will help safeguard a building from fire.
- Maintenance-free: masonry provides structures with a decreased cost and low maintenance because no painting is required.
- Weather-resistant: the exterior of masonry walls can stand up to blistering heat, heavy rain and storms.
- Excellent soundproofing: masonry and brick products keep the noise out better than traditional building materials like timber, resulting in a quieter home.
- Increase in the resale value: it is a well-established fact that masonry walls have greater resale value because they are low maintenance and of higher quality than other construction materials.